• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

civicjay

civicjay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Car:civic eg
hi all I have got a 1994 civic vei d15 1.5 vtec e. the other day it wouldn't start found the coil was not working so replaced that. it was ok for about a day now its got a misfire from cold. but as soon as the engine has wormed up its ok again. put a new set of ht Leeds on today an its still the same has any one got any ideas?
sorry about my spelling not my strong point

craigegcivic

craigegcivic

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Car:eg b18c6
I had same problem on my b16a2 one of my spark plugs was loose make sure there tight otherwise u lose compression and the spark wont ignite the cylinder properly hope this helps

civicjay

civicjay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

I had same problem on my b16a2 one of my spark plugs was loose make sure there tight otherwise u lose compression and the spark wont ignite the cylinder properly hope this helps

I changed them the other day so I know there ok I have changed the ht leads dissy cap an rota arm and coil some one plz help I need the car to get to work

mjd

mjd

Dedicated Member

• Established Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Car:EJ9, Leon TDI, MX5
have you checked all of those components and made sure they are all fitted correctly/ properly tightened up? if it was ok to start with but has now deteriorated, perhaps something has worked itself loose?

civicjay

civicjay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

have you checked all of those components and made sure they are all fitted correctly/ properly tightened up? if it was ok to start with but has now deteriorated, perhaps something has worked itself loose?

ya its all fine mate but have been looking on the net an have found out the the distributors go wrong at about 80,000-100,000 miles mines done 78,000 so could be that but there not cheep so now trying to find some one that lives near me with a civic that runs as it should so I an try there distributor on mine to see if it works b4 I buy 1 lol

craigegcivic

craigegcivic

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Car:eg b18c6
:s well if ur removing the whole dissy u better be careful to not knock the timing out otherwise u will be on here with a post saying d15 won't start very easy mess up the timing by removing the dissy .. If there's spark the dissy is fine check all earth connection are fine and clean

nathgun

nathgun

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Car:ee9 b16a
check ur cam seal? its a common problem on the d series and it leaks oil into the the dizzy then causeing it to missfire and finaly if left long anuff magement light comes on I have the same problem got my cam seal was only like 2 quid !

civicjay

civicjay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
hi guys sorry its been so long but the civics been of the road as I dident have the money to fix it put a new distributor on an now shes fine an I am loveing having my civic back on the road

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users