3m gloss carbon fibre wrap

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Have been looking at the new gloss carbon fibre wrap that 3m is now doing. Was just wondering if anyone has used it yet? As i cant seem to find any reviews on it as of yet.

I know you will all say either get the real thing or dont bother but please, im only looking into it for cosmetic reasons, not performance.

Posted · Report post

I no a bloke that dun it to a starlet but it looked wank and looked like it was matt black from far away,

Posted · Report post

its in the same league as stickerbombing in my book. not cool

Posted · Report post

Have been looking at the new gloss carbon fibre wrap that 3m is now doing. Was just wondering if anyone has used it yet? As i cant seem to find any reviews on it as of yet.

I will let you know by the weekend mate. I purchased a firbreglass tailgate jdm style and it weights nothing and I'm wrapping this due to a few imperfections on the mould but when I was at my friends graphic shop it looked good quality

I know you will all say either get the real thing or dont bother but please, im only looking into it for cosmetic reasons, not performance.

Posted · Report post

the starlet was probably done in the original carbon wrap which was a matt finish mate.. havent seen the gloss stuff yet but im going to look into it now and order a sample in at work if i can :)

Posted · Report post

if i was to get any fake carbon bits done i would personally use the new trader on here who does carbon dipping it looks bloody good.

http://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/

Dan

Posted · Report post

mines just arrived yesterday lol. aint been to mates to collect it. im doing a few bits of the interior first then may consider external use. ill post any pros/cons asap.

Posted · Report post

Got the di-Noc sample book through from 3M at work, will get the pics of the new gloss carbon up later!

Posted · Report post

Matt black carbon on the far right, the new 'gloss' carbon on the left with *New written under it:

DSC00397.jpg

It is slightly glossier, looks nothing like laquered carbon fibre still though!

Posted · Report post

looks crap lol the lighter colour on it stands out to much. would just send what you want to wicked coatings