Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Windscreen washer jets not working

Question

Posted · Report post

Sooo, I got another EJ6 on saturday but the washer jets aren't working as i discovered on the M54 today, with a salty windscreen.

I've filled it up so there's definately enough fluid in there, but the pipes look empty. There's no whirring from the motor(?) either when used.

What could it be? Bad fuse or motor or something?

Cheers
Matt

14 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

maybe fuse,or possibly the motors worn out..id check fuse,then if no luck swap the motor over

Posted · Report post

You checked your fluid hasn't frozen?

Posted · Report post

check the fuse

check fluid

check the motor with multimeter.

Posted · Report post

i did think that,but surely a drive on the motorway would of warmed it up enough? mine unfreezes after i drive for a few mins

Posted · Report post

Yea defo not frozen.

Posted · Report post

Mine are dead too. Fuck workin' in this weather when I don't have to though.

Posted (edited) · Report post

check the fuses as said. or just operate the pump and get a mate to see if its got feed with a test light or multimeter, if not then its the fuse, broken wire or switch fault. chances are its just the fuse, it might have gone if you tried to operate the pump with the washer fluid frozen Edited by eg-greeny

Posted · Report post

mine didnt work in the morning rush hour but then were fine in the daytime!! gonna go with the cold!!

Posted · Report post

check with multimeter mate

Posted · Report post

I've checked the fuse and it's intact, the same fuse does the front wipers aparently. If it's the motor I can replace it as i've got my other EJ6 parked on a driveway. Where's the motor on the reserve, and what's it connected with - bolts or screws?

Cheers all

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DanT' timestamp='1291068234' post='1080701']
i did think that,but surely a drive on the motorway would of warmed it up enough? mine unfreezes after i drive for a few mins
[/quote]

remember that EK and EG wash fluid bottles are located inside the front bumper, quite a distance from the engine, so can easily freeze

al9955

Posted · Report post

[quote name='al9955' timestamp='1291143659' post='1081377']
[quote name='DanT' timestamp='1291068234' post='1080701']
[/quote]

remember that EK and EG wash fluid bottles are located inside the front bumper, quite a distance from the engine, so can easily freeze

al9955
[/quote]

checked mine today

nicely frozen

Posted · Report post

mine arent working either.

Posted · Report post

mine arent working either, i recently cut back some wire to tidy up the back ---> [IMG]http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j329/dibzy2/photo3-4.jpg[/IMG]

since then mine havent worked and im just wondering if any of the wiring from the back of the car has anything to do with them? i still have the wiring if i need to put it back. Also im a noob to all this and i dont know where the fuse is located for them either

any help would be great :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0